"The only source of knowledge is experience." ~Albert Einstien
- Weather: The weather in East Africa is very mild since it lies on the equator. Elevation in Kenya is higher than what most people expect. The city of Nairobi is set at about 6500 feet. While traveling through the Great Rift Valley it can get as high as 8500 feet. This altitude make the region surprisingly cool. The temperatures in the day range around 80º F and dropping into the 50's F at night. The coast is known as a warmer, wetter and humid climate.
- Wildlife: There is a wide variety of wonderful and amazing mammals, reptiles and birds found in many of the parks and reserves. These animals are protected from hunting and poaching throughout the area. The "Big Five" include: Elephants, Lions, Rhinoceros (both Black and White), Buffalo, Leopards and Giraffes. Other most commonly seen animals include: cheetahs, zebra, hyenas, hippopotami, wildebeest, monkeys, baboons, warthogs, plenty of different species of birds, and many different types of antelopes.
- Food: The food is one of the most amazing surprises for many travelers. Many fruits and vegetables are grown right in the region and come fresh and full of flavor. Chicken, meat and Nyama Choma (BBQ goat) are some of the local favorites. Ugali (boiled maize) and Sukuma Wiki (prepared chard, collard greens and spinach) are most common foods found throughout the region. Our cook will prepare both traditional and western home cooked meals. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served each day.
- Culture: The people of Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania are extremely friendly, helpful, hard working and proud to be African. There are many different tribes and cultural groups in this region. The main language which is spoken is Kiswahili and English, along with 42 different tribal dialects in Kenya alone. You will find people both wearing traditional clothing and those of more modern times. The most common religion is Christianity.
- Health and Safety: Our goal is to keep all travelers healthy, safe and happy. Clean drinking water is a main concern while visiting these areas. We require all travelers to drink bottled water, this is the best method to ensure good health. Malaria is another concern that can be easily avoided with proper medication, repellent and smart choices. Wearing long clothing in areas of high mosquito populations is encouraged. Most places we travel are not heavily populated with mosquitos but this is something we can not predict. We have variety of measures included to ensure your personal safety and safe keeping of your personal belongings. As long as you follow our advise given during the pre-departure orientation, everyone will stay health and safe.